This explains why COMMITTING TO MARKETING is so important:
- The first time a man looks at an ad, he doesn’t see it.
- The second time a man sees an ad, he doesn’t notice it.
- The third time, he is conscious of its existence.
- The fourth time, he faintly remembers having seen it.
- The fifth time, he reads the ad.
- The sixth time, he turns up his nose at it.
- The seventh time, he reads it through and says, “Oh, brother!”
- The eighth time, he says, “Here’s that confounded thing again!”
- The ninth time, he wonders whether it amounts to anything.
- The tenth time, he will ask his neighbor if he has tried it.
- The eleventh time, he wonders how the advertiser makes it pay.
- The twelfth time, he thinks it must be a good thing.
- The thirteenth time, he thinks it might be worth something.
- The fourteenth time, he remembers he always wanted such a thing.
- The fifteenth time, he’s tantalized because he can’t afford to buy it.
- The sixteenth time, he thinks he’ll buy it someday.
- The seventeenth time, he makes a memorandum of it.
- The eighteenth time, he swears at his poverty.
- The nineteenth time, he counts his money carefully.
- The twentieth time, he buys the article, or asks his wife to.
Sound right? This list was written in 1885! It goes to show that things haven’t changed much. Will you stop before reaching call or email #20?
Or, Are You Committed to Doing Whatever it Takes and Most of All Never QUITTING?