The best sales companies in the world teach their salespeople one thing before they teach them anything else:A Successful Sales Process. If you desire to receive successful responses from your sales calls, then you must have a structure for your call.
Here’s how that looks:
- 1. Establish Rapport First
- Find common interests.
- You’ll have to do background research first – so you can start your call with something similar to:
Hey Boyd! Do you still move ______ from Boise to Milwaukee?
- People are more likely to buy from their friends than from a salesperson.
- 2. People Love to Talk About Themselves
- Get them talking about themselves. Find a subject or situation they’re interested in. A good way to do this is to find where they ship their freight loads to, and where they source their raw materials from.
- The goal is to communicate and connect.
- 3. Your Ears Will Always Out-earn Your Mouth.
- Listen intently and get the prospects talking about themselves. The more you do this, the better you’ll get at it. Listening is one of the most important skills you’ll ever learn!