There are many companies that become successful, and they grow so quickly that they end up getting lost and losing what was important to them – both in a business sense and on a personal level. They start to lose sight of who they are and where they came from, and this is ultimately the downfall of their business.
If your desire is to become more disciplined and consistent in your performance, then you must become disciplined and consistent in your growth. So how do you accomplish that?
To make your growth steady and consistent, there are four questions that you must ask:
1. WHAT’s Required To Improve It?
2. HOW Must You Improve It?
3. WHY Do You Desire To Improve It?
4. WHEN Will You Start To Improve It?
WHAT’s Required To Improve It?
You must figure out exactly what you’re required to do to instigate consistent growth.
“The successful person has the habit of doing things that failures don’t like to do. The successful person doesn’t like doing them either, but his dislike is subordinated to the strength of his purpose.”- E.M. Gray
HOW Must You Improve It?
Now you must consider how to improve it. It’s not going to be easy and there will be a learning curve for everyone. Make sure you follow these steps:
– Match your motivation to your personality type – otherwise you won’t be able to motivate yourself.
– Start with the simple stuff and, step by step, you’ll get there.
– Be patient, keep motivated and eventually you’ll reach success.
– Value the process. It’s said that often the journey is better than the destination, so value the process and keep on the lookout for things that can be improved.
– Stay consistent. Don’t forget what made your small business great. Focus on keeping these elements so that your bigger business can stay great as well.
“All new things are difficult before they become easy.” Saadi
WHY Do You Desire To Improve It?
It’s vital that you and your business have a reason to be here. Knowing your ‘why’ and having it at the front of everything you do within your business is a great way to keep up motivation and improve on consistency.
Ask yourself the following questions for more clarity about what is your WHY strength:
1. Do you constantly procrastinate on important tasks?
2. Do you require coaxing to do small chores?
3. Do you perform duties just to get by?
4. Do you constantly talk negatively about your work?
5. Do encouraging efforts of friends irritate you?
6. Do you start small projects and abandon them quickly?
7. Do you avoid self-improvement opportunities?
“Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.” – Vince Lombardi
WHEN Will You Start To Improve It?
The best way to start change is to turn it into a habit. This way you stay motivated and things that once were difficult suddenly become easy. Make sure that as you develop and improve, you stay consistent with the values of your business.
By staying consistent during periods of growth, you can ensure that your business in essence, will stay the same. And you’ll keep existing customers and easily gain new ones, ultimately making your business grow from strength to strength.
“When you develop the habits of success, you make success a habit.” Michael Angier